By Rotary staff
Join us in making history. When we finally rid the world of polio, it will only be the second time that a human disease has been eradicated (the first being smallpox). And we are “this close” to ending polio. Here are five easy ways you can get involved for World Polio Day, 24 October.
- Post this graphic to your social media channels to let your friends know you want to end polio. Share this infographic to explain to them why polio eradication matters.
- Take a “this close” photo and post it to our World Polio Day gallery to amplify our message across social media
- Get inspired and motivate your friends to help by watching and sharing this video, featuring many of the celebrities who are joining us in making history, including Bill Gates, Jackie Chan, Archie Panjabi, Amanda Peet, Jack Nicklaus, Itzhak Perlman, and Jane Goodall.
- Give now to end polio. It only takes 60 cents to protect a child against polio for life. And every donation you make to Rotary is matched 2:1 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, tripling its impact. A $50 donation becomes $150 in our fight to end polio.
- Tune in to our World Polio Day global update which will be streamed live beginning 24 October, 18:30 Chicago time (UTC-5). The event will feature Jeffery Kluger, a senior writer at TIME Magazine; Dr. Tom Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Minda Dentler, a paraplegic athlete and polio survivor; Tessanne Chin, winner of the fifth season of NBC’s TV singing competition The Voice; and Jamaican musician Ziggy Marley.