There’s excitement in the air. The convention is only a day away. But there’s still plenty of Rotary business and events happening before it officially opens. Below is a sampling of what you can look forward to:
– This morning is the much anticipated 3k walk at Cathy Freeman Park to raise awareness for Rotary and polio eradication.
– The Billabong House of Friendship opens today. Over 14,000 square meters of display space is set up with more than 300 exhibits of Rotary work. President Ron Burton will open the house this morning.
– At ANZ stadium, Rotary alumni are gathering for a celebration, which will go until noon. Speakers include G. Kenneth Morgan, Ray Klinginsmith, Kalyan M. Banerjee, and others.
– The Water and Sanitation Rotarian Action Group is meeting at Novotel in the Parklands Room.
– The Delltones Iconic Australian Male Vocal Group will be performing live at the House of Friendship from 11 a.m. to noon.
– Accompany President Burton for a New Generations Celebration at ANZ Stadium (enter through gate C/D) from 3:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
This is only a taste of what’s happening at Sydney Olympic Park today. Be sure to download the Rotary convention mobile app for the full schedule. Also let each other know what you’ll be attending in the comments field below.